/>

Dublin Dolly

Every Heart is a Package Tangled up in Knots Someone Else Tied

6,699 notes

standwithpalestine:

Gaza, 17 July 2014 (by Saaed Rafiq Al Madhoun, CARE International Programme Officer)

My boy is only three years old. He feels stressed and depressed and last night after hearing the explosions he said to my wife, “I feel that I will die”.

He is only three-years old. It makes us so sad. It was such a terrible surprise to hear him say this, we feel very bad.

He says he is feeling sick, at the noise of the explosions. He is crying at night and cannot sleep, so my wife and I try to massage him to calm him down.

My wife is very afraid for the children. She is able to feed my five-month old baby but it is stressful.

We feel that there is no safe place – any movement outside and you could be targeted. If I go to my brother’s house, are we any safer there?

The water gets cut off when there is no electricity. I’m trying to keep reserves of water – we need to be able to sterilise things for the baby when we can.

I left the home to do some shopping during the ceasefire, to get some basics for my kids. We have just a short period of time before it starts again. It was very crowded in the streets because of the limited time. The prices were normal but there was not very much available.

I also went to check on the CARE office to see that it was OK. I want to go back to work to help support all of the vulnerable people. I am more than happy to do this but it is difficult because we cannot move without being targeted.

If this situation continues like now it will be a real crisis. We don’t know when it will finish. I am really hoping for a long-term ceasefire and that it will calm down.

It’s hard for my family, for my friends and colleagues, for all Gazans to live in this crisis. We just hope it will end soon. In six years there have been three wars.

It’s difficult for all of us, but especially the children.

I ask the world, and all of the humanitarian community, to try to make a ceasefire that will last for years not hours. We ask that the violence stops. We cannot continue living in this situation, but we also cannot leave Gaza.

We ask the world to make it stop and do their best for the people of Gaza. It is enough now.

3,365 notes

thepeoplesrecord:

CNN removes reporter Diana Magnay from Israel-Gaza after calling Israelis celebrating the death of Palestinian civilians ‘scum’
July 18, 2014

CNN has removed correspondent Diana Magnay from covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict after she tweeted that Israelis who were cheering the bombing of Gaza, and who had threatened her, were “scum.”

“After being threatened and harassed before and during a liveshot, Diana reacted angrily on Twitter,” a CNN spokeswoman said in a statement to The Huffington Post. (Neglecting to even acknowledge that it was directly related to the people cheering on Palestinian deaths.)

“She deeply regrets the language used, which was aimed directly at those who had been targeting our crew,” the spokeswoman continued. “She certainly meant no offense to anyone beyond that group, and she and CNN apologize for any offense that may have been taken.”

The spokeswoman said Magnay has been assigned to Moscow.

Magnay appeared on CNN Thursday from a hill overlooking the Israel-Gaza border. While she reported, Israelis could be heard near her cheering as missiles were fired at Gaza.

After the liveshot, Magnay tweeted: “Israelis on hill above Sderot cheer as bombs land on #gaza; threaten to ‘destroy our car if I say a word wrong’. Scum.” The tweet was quickly removed, but not before it had been retweeted more than 200 times.

The removal of Magnay comes a day after NBC News pulled Ayman Mohyeldin from Gaza.

NBC’s decision to remove the widely praised Mohyeldin, and unwillingness to explain why, has been met with anger and frustration from journalists inside and outside the network.

A source with knowledge of the decision told The Huffington Post that NBC executives cited security concerns. But at the same time Moyheldin was pulled, NBC assigned chief foreign correspondent Richard Engel to Gaza.

One of Mohyeldin’s tweets and Facebook posts were recently deleted, a move that has fueled speculation that his social media use could have been the cause for his removal. But the source said the reason given internally by network executives was security.

Source

The war drums are beating hard in the media. Anyone who dares to hint at the truth will be removed from the area by the corporate media owners. Shame on CNN and NBC both. 

Silencing the journalist is a form of lies.